991 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anthony_Manniel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is there a way that I can have my employees fill out a form that then shows data they are looking for from a base instead that form inputting data into the base? I have created a table that would be very beneficial to my employees but some are reluctant to use it because they are used to an older system. If I could create a form that makes it very easy to find what they need, that would be wonderful. I see there are some paid 3rd party apps like On2Air that would do this. I assume by the presence of these apps, Airtable does not have this functionality but figured I'd ask when my searches on the community yielded no results. 

Thank you for all your time 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @Anthony_Manniel , firstly love the seinfeld photo. 

I believe the solution you're looking for is an Interface, not a form. Like you said forms are purely for inputting new data. But if you'd like an employee facing system where they can lookup data, an Interface should do the trick for you. 

Here's a video by GAP Consulting (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBQKKytXbgk)  where he lay's step by step building an interface. Jump to timestamp 13:30 to see the end result. Essentially there's a page you can send employees, and they can search for specific data (in this example, it's searching for the available projects, but could make more complex to suit your needs). 

See Solution in Thread

Airtable interfaces let you create special ways for others to interact with your data! If you're new to Airtable or have not used interfaces in a while, this video breaks down how to create simple interfaces in Airtable - perfect for newbies in 2023! 👇 _________________________________________ ...
2 Replies 2
Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @Anthony_Manniel , firstly love the seinfeld photo. 

I believe the solution you're looking for is an Interface, not a form. Like you said forms are purely for inputting new data. But if you'd like an employee facing system where they can lookup data, an Interface should do the trick for you. 

Here's a video by GAP Consulting (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBQKKytXbgk)  where he lay's step by step building an interface. Jump to timestamp 13:30 to see the end result. Essentially there's a page you can send employees, and they can search for specific data (in this example, it's searching for the available projects, but could make more complex to suit your needs). 

Airtable interfaces let you create special ways for others to interact with your data! If you're new to Airtable or have not used interfaces in a while, this video breaks down how to create simple interfaces in Airtable - perfect for newbies in 2023! 👇 _________________________________________ ...
Anthony_Manniel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you Arthur. I just watched a few videos from GAP Consulting and created a nice interface. Unfortunately, Interfaces can't be shared by a simple link. Users need to have an account in order to view them. I added my request to another forum post that had many others requesting the same functionality. My users would use these Airtable bases a lot more if they could simply click a few buttons from the Interface and bring up the data they are looking for. It makes it accessible for users who have varying degrees of computer skills.