136 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vldropps
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a base that allows my constituent departments to submit requests for communication/outreach production. Each department has an individually tailored interface so that the fields are customized to what they need and use regularly with departmental communications. This allows me to maintain all requests in a centralized location, but also keep and track long term comms. planning separated by department.

I need to be able to utilize the "user" field in each interface so that records can be assigned to one or more individuals. However, each unit should only have the ability to view and assign users that have access to that specific interface. Right now, it shows all users who have access to the entire base. It even displays deactivated users. Further customization of user settings, groupings, access, etc., would be even better, but this basic setting is a must for our needs. If anyone has any insight on how to make this happen, we'd be so appreciative! 

1 Reply 1

I don't think that's possible I'm afraid

As a workaround, perhaps you could create one single select field per department that displays the users for that department?  You could then have an automation that'll trigger when the select field is updated which would update the "User" field with the selected option