400 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RockyCCChong
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I think this is a fairly straightforward process, but I am unable to figure out how to do this. 

I have 2 excel sheets imported. One is Product Master List, one is Inbound Shipment. 

The Product Master List contains Code, Product Name, UOM, while Inbound Shipment contains Delivery Number, Code, and shipping date. 

I just need to add a lookup field in the Inbound Shipment, to look into the Product Master List for the Product Name. 

Just want to make sure I'm not crazy, because it sure seems like extra work for what could be available . 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I take it the "Code" value is what you're using to identify the appropriate records?

If so, try:
1. Make 'Code' the primary field for the 'Product Master List' table
2. In 'Inbound Shipment', create a linked field to 'Product Master List'
3. In 'Inbound Shipment', in a view where all records are visible, click the header of the 'Code' field
- This should select the entire column
4. Hit CMD/CTRL+C
5. In 'Inbound Shipment', in a view where all records are visible, click the header of the linked field from step 2
6. Hit CMD/CTRL+V

This should link everything up appropriately and you can add a lookup field to view the Product Name

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I take it the "Code" value is what you're using to identify the appropriate records?

If so, try:
1. Make 'Code' the primary field for the 'Product Master List' table
2. In 'Inbound Shipment', create a linked field to 'Product Master List'
3. In 'Inbound Shipment', in a view where all records are visible, click the header of the 'Code' field
- This should select the entire column
4. Hit CMD/CTRL+C
5. In 'Inbound Shipment', in a view where all records are visible, click the header of the linked field from step 2
6. Hit CMD/CTRL+V

This should link everything up appropriately and you can add a lookup field to view the Product Name

RockyCCChong
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Super! Thank you!