360 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
green_dragon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a base that is mostly photos, with reference numbers on each one. Because the photos are the "main event", I am trying to use gallery view to print and/or save as PDF.

However, I find that cards often break across pages, and sometimes leave the photos invisible. See example, attached.

Is there a way to make gallery view print so that cards do not break across 2 pages? Eg, if a card is to big to fit on the bottom of one page, I'd like the whole card to bump down and begin at the top of the next page...

Thanks!

PS, here is a view-only link to the base in question, if you want to take a look for context:
https://airtable.com/apphd3iQywmXlOo2D/shreaoqDCsKGsNO9G

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I don't think so I'm afraid.  Your cards appear to be all of the same height, so you could try just tweaking your print margins instead I think.  With a margin of 0.5 on the top and 0.3 at the bottom I managed to get this:

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 10.53.52 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 10.52.46 AM.png

(Thank you very much for including a link to your base too; made trying to help with your problem a lot easier!)

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Sistema_Aotearo
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi there!

It might be easier to use the "Page Designer" extension for more customization.

This will print one record per page. https://support.airtable.com/docs/page-designer-extension-overview

Alternatively, you could set it up as an interface and print individual records. But I think for what you're looking to do, the "Page Designer" works better.

Let me know if this helps

TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I don't think so I'm afraid.  Your cards appear to be all of the same height, so you could try just tweaking your print margins instead I think.  With a margin of 0.5 on the top and 0.3 at the bottom I managed to get this:

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 10.53.52 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 10.52.46 AM.png

(Thank you very much for including a link to your base too; made trying to help with your problem a lot easier!)

green_dragon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks Adam. This workaround solves it for me.

I hope airtable implements a more robust solution going forward... Can't have every user tweaking the margins by hand, every time they print!