Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Airtable API endpoints

Solved
Jump to Solution
1437 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnsonsteven18
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! 

very new to using Airtable. I am trying to find out if it’s possible to use Airtable to populate users profiles for a small 30 members community. I am trying to display name, title, image, etc.. or would I be better using something I am more familiar with like Supabase. 

any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Steve 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeap it is.  One thing to take note of would be the API call limit based on your plan; the free plan has 1000 API calls a month, Team has 100k, Business and above are unlimited

I think the deciding factor for me would be whether one would need to be able to modify / view the data with reports and stuff.  If you do, then Airtable'd be great at that and make doing that real easy.  If not, just stick with Supabase

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeap it is.  One thing to take note of would be the API call limit based on your plan; the free plan has 1000 API calls a month, Team has 100k, Business and above are unlimited

I think the deciding factor for me would be whether one would need to be able to modify / view the data with reports and stuff.  If you do, then Airtable'd be great at that and make doing that real easy.  If not, just stick with Supabase

Onakwa_Don
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I lean towards using Airtable for this since interfaces provide a good way for others to safely edit the data. However, as mentioned earlier, if you are on a non-enterprise plan, it could be difficult to stay under the API limit. I've been thinking about using Supabase EdgeFunction as a gateway. The idea is that the EdgeFunction would only call Airtable when the function is initiated from a "cold" start and would cache the data for the next possible "warm" start.