cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olafur_Petursso
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm developing a Block Extension. When I type block release I get

• "Error: Your Airtable API key is invalid. Please use block set-api-key to update it. Code: airtableApiWithInvalidApiKey"

Since api keys are deprecated (I have deleted my key and can't create a new one) I have created a personal access token. But I can't get it to work with block release; running block set-api-key <my-personal-access-token> returns

• "Error: Invalid Airtable API key specified. Make sure you copied it correctly from airtable.com/account. Code: airtableApiKeyMalformed"

How do I use my PAT with Blocks?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Olafur_Petursso

Ok, the trick was to use the (log) saved PAT but not the short displayed in PAT list. 

When a PAT is created you're asked to save the key in a secure place since it will never be displayed again. I created the key many moons ago and totally forgot that part.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Olafur_Petursso

Ok, the trick was to use the (log) saved PAT but not the short displayed in PAT list. 

When a PAT is created you're asked to save the key in a secure place since it will never be displayed again. I created the key many moons ago and totally forgot that part.