Help

Button to tick off a checkbox, return popup with record if linked record has not been completed yet

Topic Labels: Scripting extentions
878 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leowoods
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,

I’m not sure if this is possible and if so, how, but I have a to-do list. I have a single line text field called {Title} in Table [Todo Table]. Each record in this table is a task.

I also have a checkbox field, called {Done}. I then have a linked record field called {Blocked}. I add linked records in {Blocked} as subtasks.

What I would like to achieve is:

• When I click on the button, the script checks whether {Blocked} is empty (does not contain any linked record) for that record
  • If it’s empty, I need to tick off the checkbox (I have a Filter in place to auto-hide these completed records)
  • If there is a linked record, an error needs to be returned. Ideally, with the content found in field {Title} of the linked record or otherwise just a generic error that there are linked records. I’m not sure if Airtable has any popup that can be generated or any other visual queue?
  • If there is no such thing, the script could just not take any action. This should also give me an indication that there is a linked record.

Bonus question:
If I complete a linked record, is it possible to unlink this record from the “parent record”? If so, how?

The reason for asking is because apparently, we can’t use subtasks, like not being to complete a checkbox only when the subtask is completed. If there is a better way of doing this, I’m definitely open for suggestions, thanks!

0 Replies 0