Help

Re: Can Airtable's own "Export CSV" be triggered via a script?

1024 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markus_Wernig
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Here’s my thinking. I like the simplicity of Airtable’s own “Export CSV” function. Data in a spreadsheet as a simple backup is all I am after.

If “Export CSV” could be triggered via a script, the entire process could be automated. A new record could be the trigger to run this script.

Does anyone know if this is even possible?
Thank you!

26 Replies 26
TFP
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Markus_Wernig This could be made possible with an Airtable App with a few options like whether you want the ids or resolve the relationships instead.

Still gotta be done, but that could be a great way of making it available for everyone, and for free.

Nate_Hughes
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Yes to the CSV, It really should be a simple trigger, or even a googlesheets function, which you can kind of work into by playing the triggers that execute when all fields that have are no blank. Not ideal, but it can kind of work.

Ideally a secondary CSV back-up nightly automation is needed.

Further, a airtable file, that supports records IDs etc would be most appreciated.

GavinA
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

For anyone wanting live csv export by api endpoint, here is an endpoint i built:

https://csv-getter-for-airtable.ew.r.appspot.com/all-csv?bid=<your_base_id>&apik=<your_api_key>&tname=<your_table_name>

Details can be found here

GavinA
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Above has been deprecated. Much easier to use now by going here

This is amazing! Thanks so much :slightly_smiling_face:

peter_brobeck

So, I changed my mind and eventually build a “print-base-structure” airtable app. Then, I use a diff tool to compare the generated output, and it allows me to see what structural differences there are between two bases.

cool thanks

btw, within script extension you can work across the tables of one base, you probably know but do you have any recommendation of how to export or create a new table from a list of records re-arranged and coming from different tables ?

Hello! I'd love to know how to do that if you're willing to share

Thanks!