Help

Re: Changed attachment file name behavior: bug?

Solved
Jump to Solution
335 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Does anybody else notice changed behavior when uploading attachments with the API?

AT used to fill the file name property by default, but since last week I'm not getting any value when reading the attachment field. Older attachments have the "filename" as usual, newer uploads have no value in the JSON.

Can anyone confirm please?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

It's working again. I never got a reply from support though.

Room for growth.

There's another way to tell something is wrong. When you hover above the attachment it should show you the file name. For the buggy ones it doesn't do that.

FixedFixedBuggyBuggy

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Respons example for new uploads:

"myAttachment":[{"filename":"","id":"att0jn4jQrKcjAoxh","size":147453,"thumbnails"... etc...

For older uploads:

"myAttachment":[{"filename":"12_9240_1.pdf","id":"atthncWZ4no3pYivQ","size":146299,"thumbnails"... etc...

I've had this exact same issue, it broke several of our processes so I just updated where I could update quickly and reached out to AirTable support. I've had slow back and forth progress with them and no results yet. Their documentation still states that the "filename" field is optional but the behavior would obviously say otherwise. 

stephenheindel
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It may not be a coincidence, but I noticed they updated their help article on attachments the day we noticed that bug. Possibly they made some other change and broke this functionality.

https://support.airtable.com/docs/attachment-field

@stephenheindel wrote:

It may not be a coincidence, but I noticed they updated their help article on attachments the day we noticed that bug. Possibly they made some other change and broke this functionality.

https://support.airtable.com/docs/attachment-field

Nice one. 

Elementary, my dear Watson. 🕵🏼

Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

It's working again. I never got a reply from support though.

Room for growth.

There's another way to tell something is wrong. When you hover above the attachment it should show you the file name. For the buggy ones it doesn't do that.

FixedFixedBuggyBuggy