cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harold_Arriola_
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey, I am wondering if it is possible to do these things using the Block SDK:
1. Check if an automation exists in a base/table by name. 
2. Create Automations on a table if they dont exist
3. Automate updating an automation script

Use Case: 
I have a Blocks SDK extension and an automation that both depend on each other(decoupled) if the extension exists I want to make sure the user has also set up an automation that goes along with the extension.

I want to check if an automation exists under a certain string name using regex. 

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The blocks SDK documentation lists everything in the base that an extension has access to. The list of automations is not one of those things. Currently it is not possible to create an automation with code. Currently the only way to create or check for the existence of an automation is to ask a human to do it. 

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The blocks SDK documentation lists everything in the base that an extension has access to. The list of automations is not one of those things. Currently it is not possible to create an automation with code. Currently the only way to create or check for the existence of an automation is to ask a human to do it. 

Ok, yea I didint see anything, in the docs so wanted to make sure I was not missing anything. Thanks!