cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cathy_Pesse
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone,

I followed the following tutorial (https://support.airtable.com/docs/visualizing-airtable-records-in-microsoft-power-bi-power-query) to connect Airtable to PowerBI Desktop.

I followed each step as required, my IDs are all correct, I even went to GitHub to grab the latest updated code. I also modified the authentication system as the tutorial explains it.

However, it doesn't work and I get the following error message: "Sorry, we were unable to convert the null value to Record type."

Could you please tell me what the problem is? I've looked at other requests on the forum and it seems to me that nobody has had a real solution?

Thanks for your feedback,

Have a nice day,

1 Reply 1

Your best bet is to typically use Make's Power Bi integrations & automations for Airtable.

However, Airtable has given instructions on how to solve your problem — did you see the information below?

-------------------

What do I do if I run into the expression error: We cannot convert the value null type to type Record when using a PAT (personal access token)?

First, ensure you have followed step 3 above, Create Parameters. Then, in PowerBI, navigate to Options and Settings -> Data source settings -> Edit Permissions -> then change Credentials Type to "To Anonymous from Windows." This change must be TO ANONYMOUS, FROM WINDOWS. If the error persists, we recommend reaching out to PowerBI support for further assistance.

-------------------------