1276 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff_Hladek
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am creating an inventory management system for a warehouse team. I have a table that tracks the current inventory level and a linked table that operates as "transactions". So the "transactions" table keeps track of added and removed inventory. The inventory table shows the current inventory level for a product using a roll-up. I want to click on a button in the inventory table to open a form where the user can add or remove inventory. I want the product name field to be automatically selected based on which row the button was clicked. So pressing the "change inventory" button on the Product A row will open the form and have Product A selected in the name field.  I tried to figure out how to do this with formulas and automation, but I think that it might need to be done with scripting and I do not know any javascript. 

I hope that all makes sense.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You don't need a script nor an automation — you just need a prefilled URL link. 

I would check out @kuovonne’s Prefilled Forms extension for Airtable, which guides you through the creation of your prefilled links.

Also, for even more advanced forms than what Airtable offers, you may want to explore Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable, which let you either (1) create Airtable records or (2) update existing Airtable records via a form — with or without prefilling.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You don't need a script nor an automation — you just need a prefilled URL link. 

I would check out @kuovonne’s Prefilled Forms extension for Airtable, which guides you through the creation of your prefilled links.

Also, for even more advanced forms than what Airtable offers, you may want to explore Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable, which let you either (1) create Airtable records or (2) update existing Airtable records via a form — with or without prefilling.