Help

Copy field data (Mailing Address) from one table to another (Shipping Address)

Topic Labels: Scripting extentions
1352 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan_McCluskey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey all,

I have a table called “Contacts” which contains the following columns:
Mailing Address 1
Mailing Address 2
Mailing City
Mailing State
Mailing Zip Cod

I have another table called “Leads” which contains the following columns:
Lead Address 1
Lead Address 2
Lead City
Lead State
Lead Zip Code

I want to create a button that runs a script to copy the address info from the related Contacts row to the Lead Address, in cases where the lead and mailing address are the same. I have no experience using the scripting block.

3 Replies 3

Hi @Ryan_McCluskey and welcome to the community !

As you wrote :

I could copy you what I did appreciate very much to start:

AIRSCRIPT - Learn to use Airtable scripts helped me a lot to start and to improve myself.
(thanks to airscript’s Author @JonathanBowen ! )

l also like this one by @VictoriaPlummer

and the Official Airtable Script Block API Docs :

db1ed7c73b3a535b8dfa83b423ea8b3fa0e4ca04.png Airtable

3f1eeaff8ef38b069eee51a698ff67dd007b6e44.png

Airtable: Organize anything you can imagine

Airtable works like a spreadsheet but gives you the power of a database to organize anything. Sign up for free.

Best,

oLπ

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Others have already recommended great resources for learning how to use Scripting block.

You can also check out this script that I wrote copying field data from one field to another. It could be adapted to copy data from one table to another.

https://community.airtable.com/t/scripting-contest-using-newly-launched-button-field/31386/8

Mike_Pennisi
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi there, Ryan.

It sounds like you want to copy data from one record (aka “row”) in the “Contacts” table into the “Leads” table, but I’m having trouble understanding the exact behavior you’re looking for.

Do you want a new record (aka “row”) to be created in the “Leads” table? Or do you want an existing record to be updated? If you’re looking to update an existing record, how should the script choose which record to modify?