3580 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean_Arnold
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I operate a booking system in Airtable and I have to generate months of recurring dates/times (one per record) in advance.

Click, hold, dragging date sequences is very helpful in this regard (see:
Quickly filling cells using fill handle – Airtable Support)

However, I’m left wanting more.

I’d like to create a script or automation to generate the recurring dates/records for me.

As an example, let’s say I was teaching a yoga class every Mon, Tue, Thurs, and Sat at 1 pm and 4 pm.

Instead of having to continually check my dates, then drag out hundreds of dates/records manually, I’d like to write a script or automation that would do it for me, thereby ensuring that the timeslots/records for the said class were always created several months in advance.

Has anyone solved a similar problem to this one? Does anyone have any thoughts as to how I should approach a solution?

I could imagine an Airtable app that had similar options to the “create recurring event” modal used by google calendars.

12 Replies 12

Hi,

I think that such kind of tasks - to prepare a table filled with some recurring dates - does not require scripting at all. I would use date formulas (dateadd) in connection with autonumber and a lot of copypasting

Alex_Whitton
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Alexey

I agree also - but have you found use in the airtable automations?

I’m using date add also, and for some just google calendar recurring tasks, synced to airtable (with automations I update task name, some fields per calendar it is coming from, eg ‘Meeting Calendar’ all are type ‘meeting’ for example, or ‘unplanned’, or ‘bills’)

I’d created a large project management base and used copy pasting and helper columns but now getting into automations finally and they are incredible! Change a status and an automation generates a ‘task’ - approve a ‘request’ and a project template is created with all generic tasks needed for the project (including which will be recurring project control tasks, eg setup weekly sprint, and so forth)

A lot of fun also :slightly_smiling_face:

Hely Andrew

This is a god sent ! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 things I am trying to get my head around, is there a way to get it to get the start date, number of weeks and the days to generate the events from a record response in another base?