1552 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harshit_Juneja
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a way at present to debug a custom block on my local while building it?

It would be great if I can such debug error like these with better and more helpful build time error messages.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks @Shaun_Van_Weelden! I figured out that I ended up importing a react component that was using css from a file. Since the blocks design system is css in JS styles. It ended up breaking the build. I am more getting more comfortable with blocks by building more.

Much appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Harshit_Juneja

@Kasra any leads/direction :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: ?

Hm… usually the error messages are a little more helpful than that!

Two questions:

• What browser are you testing in?
  • What do you see if you open the browser’s developer console then reload your block? Is there a helpful error message in there?

Generally you can use the browser developer tools to help debug blocks as you would other web apps. For example, if open the browser tools and write debugger; in your block’s code, that will act as a breakpoint.

Shaun_Van_Weeld
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Was going to chime in with the same, I’ve found console.logging my way through different parts to be extremely helpful and work the same as any other web app if helpful! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @Shaun_Van_Weelden! I figured out that I ended up importing a react component that was using css from a file. Since the blocks design system is css in JS styles. It ended up breaking the build. I am more getting more comfortable with blocks by building more.

Much appreciated :slightly_smiling_face: