Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Determining fields that have been modified in a script

Topic Labels: Scripting extentions
254 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am pretty versed in the “Modified Time” field type, and its options to watch certain fields, automation triggers set to watch certain fields, and I use filterByFormula with IS_AFTER({Modified}, “2020-12-18 9:00 AM”), etc to return recently modified records in my API applications. So I know how to retrieve whole records with at least one field that has been modified.

But what I can’t figure out is if there is a way, in a scripting app or automation script block, to select only the fields from a record that have been modified since a certain date/time, for example to then PATCH just those fields through to another service…

The only way I can think of to automate this is to literally make a separate automation watching each field separately and patch them one at a time… I don’t want to do this for several reasons. Rather not PUT the whole thing if I don’t have to.

Any ideas? Thanks.

0 Replies 0