925 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loukas
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello! I would like to dynamically edit an embedded view or dynamically pre-edit records of a shared interface.

I see these two routes as leading to the same result (?):
Show a preselected set of records on a public place (no airtable account, no email signup) with just a link or embedded on my webpage. Does the question make sense?

Super best case scenario is to call specific "filtered by formula" records through the API/URL and have these records nicely presented either on an interface or an embedded view. 

3 Replies 3
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @loukas ,

A shared View can use a URL filter.
You may find this article helpful.

Shared View URL Filters | Airtable Support

How to Use ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT | Airtable Support

loukas

Thank you @Sho ! This is indeed what I would like the end result to be only Without the users being able to access ALL the data.. 
I would'n like them to see the Filtered by ... as the attached picture and subsequently being able to view the whole table. 
Which means I must be able to do the filtering in a previous step and present them with the results only.
Just how a pre-filtered shared view ends up only showing the filtered results without URL filtering. 
 Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 08.06.33.png

loukas

@Sho Do you know if I can do the same URL filtering to an embedded view? I could maybe pass my filters in the URL of the embedded view before it loads and since the URL is not visible to the user in the embedded view do it there?
EDIT: Yes this is possible. So I get the static embed link for the whole table, and I pass the filters in the embed URL which is not visible. If you know, does this surely protect the whole thing from being shown? I guess someone could get the embed link from the webpage inspector ? 

I can also pass a list of record IDs which I have gathered before hand through the API filter by formula, "somewhere" and view them nicely, if this helps you .. It doesn't have to be filter by formula directly on the view, I can do it beforehand. 

Finally, I wouldn't mind if the "view" was a pdf/document with the filtered data that was produced on the fly and I somehow was able to get it quickly and throw it as embedded on my website