cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RK
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi All 

I am trying to pass Airtable data into Revit with the help of the DynaWeb dynamo package.

I created a grid view and integrated this with the dynamo script.

I am confused why the 3rd row is in index 0

RK_0-1679656970001.pngRK_1-1679657028825.png

2nd row is in index 5

RK_2-1679657082400.pngRK_3-1679657509303.png

Please help me to solve this issue. 

I appreciate any help you can provide.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi,
I have no idea what is Revit and I never saw and even heard about the program from screenshots, but I have a guess. Each record has ID, you can see it in the hyperlink when clicking on it, or retrieve by formula field RECORD_ID(). It looks like 'recXYZxyz...', 'rec'+14 random chars, letters in upper/lower case and numbers.
When you sync Airtable base to outer source (I used Excel to draw some graphs which were impossiible to draw in AT on that moment in time), record_id extracted as the primary field in you table, even if it not displayed in AT base.
Based on your values, I suppose that it sorts your records by record_id. Third row,  'rec2VJ..... ' seems to be first in sort order.

See Solution in Thread

Sorry I can't suggest without using the program at least once. First thing I'll search is to sort by the program after import. Second - look for import settings. Somewhere must be API call string etc, where you can add sorting option according to Airtable API docs.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi,
I have no idea what is Revit and I never saw and even heard about the program from screenshots, but I have a guess. Each record has ID, you can see it in the hyperlink when clicking on it, or retrieve by formula field RECORD_ID(). It looks like 'recXYZxyz...', 'rec'+14 random chars, letters in upper/lower case and numbers.
When you sync Airtable base to outer source (I used Excel to draw some graphs which were impossiible to draw in AT on that moment in time), record_id extracted as the primary field in you table, even if it not displayed in AT base.
Based on your values, I suppose that it sorts your records by record_id. Third row,  'rec2VJ..... ' seems to be first in sort order.

RK
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @Alexey_Gusev, Thanks for the response. Shall I get any suggestion to solve this issue?

Sorry I can't suggest without using the program at least once. First thing I'll search is to sort by the program after import. Second - look for import settings. Somewhere must be API call string etc, where you can add sorting option according to Airtable API docs.