Help

Re: expandRecord() error: undefined parentBase property?

599 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sticker_ninja
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello! I have a custom extension. I haven't made any changes to the code recently but today calling expandRecord() starting throwing this error and crashing my extension: 

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'parentBase')

I've confirmed that it's being passed a valid-seeming record object.

Here's what my code looks like, it's defined in the top level on my component. 🤔

const expand = (record) => {
  console.log(record)
  expandRecord(record)
}

Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for your help! 

3 Replies 3

It's always frustrating when code that was working stops working. What does the console.log() say is the value of the record? How are you setting it? Can you share a screen capture?

petertoft
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Sticker_ninja,

This appears to be on Airtable's end - we have multiple apps in production for over a year that are now erroring on recordExpand as of the last 24 hours.

Our error is different - it refers to visible fields not being loaded, but it's from within the expandRecord component.

It appears Airtable either have a breaking change on their end, or an issue. As a workaround we are opening the record in its own tab like this - 

window.open(
`https://airtable.com/${table._baseData.id}/${table.id}/${view.id}/${recordItem.record.id}`,
"_blank"
);

I haven't found any info from Airtable regarding a change, and the @airtable/blocks package it is in hasn't updated in 3 months so not sure.

Very frustrating when Airtable forces you to use the Blocks API to access most functions.

Yeah, that's the workaround I ended up using as well!