cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joao_Proenca
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,
I’ve been trying to filter a Rollup field through the API, using the filterByFormula option. It returns a string of numbers, since it uses the ARRAYCOMPACT(values) as the aggregation function. (ex: Product age : [“10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17”] )

I can’t find how to filter through these number, Find or Search doesn’t return any values ( ex: (SEARCH({Product Age}, “13”) > 0) , and also not with a simple “=” ({Product Age} = 13) .

I want to be able to filter by that field, but I’m currently unable to find out what’s the correct format for the filterByFormula option.

Can anybody help me?

Best,
João

13 Replies 13

I’ve updated the table, and changed the Product Age, by using 2 values Min Age, and Max Age, as the date will be a simple range. This way I can get a single date and or a range of dates.

Thanks for all your help! :slightly_smiling_face:

:thumbs_up: Nice one!

My pleasure. :slightly_smiling_face:

Tom_Soderlund
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This page was very helpful for me when using filterByFormula and the Airtable JS API.

The formula FIND("CATEGORY_NAME", ARRAYJOIN({Categories})) > 0 will return 1 if CATEGORY_NAME is found in Categories field.

Full JavaScript code example:

const airtableBase = () => new Airtable({ apiKey: process.env.AIRTABLE_API_KEY }).base(process.env.AIRTABLE_DATABASE)
const query = { filterByFormula: `FIND("${categoryName}", ARRAYJOIN({Categories})) > 0` }
const records = await airtableBase()(TABLE_NAME).select(query).firstPage()

Updated version, since Airtable uses basic string matching, my above code would return both “Apple” and “Pineapple” on the query “Apple”. This fixes that

const query = { filterByFormula: `FIND(", ${categoryName}, ", ", " & ARRAYJOIN(Categories) & ", ") > 0` }

Here’s a handy helper function filterByRelatedTable that you can use:

const filterByRelatedTable = (tableName, recordName) => ({ filterByFormula: `FIND(", ${recordName}, ", ", " & ARRAYJOIN(${tableName}) & ", ") > 0` })
const records = await airtableBase()(TABLE_NAME).select(filterByRelatedTable('Categories', 'My Category')).firstPage()