1953 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petermplc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

When automating from Airtable, all day outlook calendar events show as busy not free.

Why is this basic functionality not available? It's causing issues for our organisation as users are not able to book time when we have an all day reminder from air-table. 

Other platforms like zapier etc have the ability to alter the state of 'show-as'.

Is there anything in place to fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, Airtable doesn't offer the ability to change this setting. Be sure to send an email to support@airtable.com to let them know that you would like to see this added to Airtable.

In the meantime, the 3 typical workarounds for this are:

(1) Writing your own custom Javascript scripts to communicate with the Microsoft Outlook API.

(2) Using the DataFetcher.com extension to communicate with Outlook's API. or

(3) No programming code at all: Use an external app such as Make's Outlook automations & integrations for Airtable. You mentioned Zapier in your post, but I would highly recommend avoiding Zapier because it is way overpriced & way underpowered compared to Make.  I wrote a whole thread on this topic here: https://air.tableforums.com/t/make-vs-zapier/737

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, Airtable doesn't offer the ability to change this setting. Be sure to send an email to support@airtable.com to let them know that you would like to see this added to Airtable.

In the meantime, the 3 typical workarounds for this are:

(1) Writing your own custom Javascript scripts to communicate with the Microsoft Outlook API.

(2) Using the DataFetcher.com extension to communicate with Outlook's API. or

(3) No programming code at all: Use an external app such as Make's Outlook automations & integrations for Airtable. You mentioned Zapier in your post, but I would highly recommend avoiding Zapier because it is way overpriced & way underpowered compared to Make.  I wrote a whole thread on this topic here: https://air.tableforums.com/t/make-vs-zapier/737

Thanks for the quick reply Scott, I will certainly look into this further, and thanks for the link regarding Make. It's something we've been considering. 

Your'e welcome! p.s. If you need extra hands-on help with Make and need to hire a consultant, I'm the top Airtable/Make consultant in the community... you can reach me through my website: Airtable Consultant — ScottWorld