Help

How do I return a link to an actual Map with Route via Google API, Make, and Airtable?

Topic Labels: API
794 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khern
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi... I can use a little bit of help here from the experts....  

We currently have a Google API integration with Airtable  on a project and we have set up routing and it is working well to create and updates routes (route records) within AT for us, but we don't know how to do 2 things we want to do:

1. I don't know how to get an actual link back from Google Maps to the route record (we are using Make for this integration) to just show the route (waypoints) on an actual google map
  2. I am wondering if there is any way to update the route waypoints (drag and drop on the map into a different order) and have it actually update the route records in Airtable when we adjust the route order on the actual map?
3 Replies 3
Menark4419
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

You can generate a Google Maps link by constructing a URL using the route's waypoints coordinates (latitude and longitude). You can use a formula field in Airtable to create this link dynamically, concatenating the coordinates. Then, you can use this link to open the route in Google Maps. myUTSA

khern

Thanks for the feedback on generating the URL link via the lat and longitude- totally makes sense - and we actually have done this bit on another project so I can go back and look at that frame of reference. 

khern

I am still wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge about whether or not the second piece of my inquiry is possible?  

1. I am wondering if there is any way to update the route waypoints (drag and drop on the map into a different order) and have it actually update the route records in Airtable when we adjust the route order on the actual map?