cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gagan_Kaur
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Team
While working on the airtable api and fetching the data from the table.
We have a column named as Type which is a single select . We have set some possible values inside it like [
“Video”,
“Article”,
“Blog Post”,
“Webinar”
]

Please let me know if there is any way through which we can access these values via the api’s. I have not found any way so far.
I have also attached a image with this.
Screenshot from 2020-05-01 18-54-55

Looking forward to hear from you.
Best Regards,
Gaganjot Kaur

6 Replies 6
Gagan_Kaur

Hi Team.
I am still waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Gaganjot Kaur

Hey there! I don’t think that specific endpoint is available. What is the use case here, as it seems as though there could be a simpler way to get what you need

Gagan_Kaur

Thanks for the updates @andywingrave . The use case here is we want to display these values to the front end. Currently, we have to use these values manually. And each time if there is any change in the values. We have to make changes manually. So, I was looking for some way in which we can fetch these values dynamically via the API .

Richard_Threlfa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,
I have the same problem. Did you find a solution to this?
Thanks!

Joshua_Byrd
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also would like to have the option to return all “possible values” as an array for a given field. The only way something similar I think can be done is by retrieving all values and then reducing them down so you get an array of all “used values”.

This is only available through the metadata API (form signup was here), but apparently they’ve shut that down for now (unless you’re grandfathered in because you got in during the few months that it was offered).

Maybe it’s available for everyone now, but I don’t know. You may want to email support@airtable.com to ask them about when more people will have access to the metadata API, and then post back here with their answer so other people know as well.