Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

How to get unique information from an column by using formulas

Topic Labels: API
2815 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a simple grid view data like that:

sample-table

and I want to filter my data by company’s uniqueness and get an array which includes list of companies by unique like ['Google', 'Facebook', 'Apple'] read Formula Field Reference but couldn’t find. I can fetch entire data and make filtering on client side but instead of getting entire data, I want to pull only array of companies. By code below so far. Thank you

const RES = await db('users').select({
      view: 'Grid view',
      filterByFormula: 'some filter should be happen at there',
    }).all()
    console.log(RES) // should return ['Google', 'Facebook', 'Apple']
2 Replies 2

Hey you’d want to create an array of the Company, and potentially use ARRAYUNIQUE([item1, item2, item3])

Hi @kaan_g - if RES is returning an array of users (which I guess it is), then you could do something like:

let unique = [...new Set(RES.map(user => user['Company']))];
console.log(unique);  

I haven’t tested this out, but the following works nicely in Airtable scripts, so hopefully you can modify for your code:

let peopleTbl = base.getTable('People');
let query = await peopleTbl.selectRecordsAsync();

let unique = [...new Set(query.records.map(person => person.getCellValue('Company')))];
console.log(unique);

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 13.09.08

based on this table:

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 13.10.17

This is creating a new Set, then “spreading” the values of the Set object to an array.