cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charri_Lara
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey all, Happy Friday
I’m wondering if it’s possible to import CSV files with script and outside of Airtable? We have guys in the field that use Stacker but it would be nice instead of them manually creating 4 records, to only have to upload the file via one record. I found this resource Importing a CSV file using Airtable scripting | Airscript

Thanks

3 Replies 3

It is possible to have a script that extracts CSV information from an attachment field and creates records from that information.

Charri_Lara

Thanks @kuovonne !
Is the script I referenced helpful for this? I’m thinking as soon as they create a record in Stacker which has the attachment, airtable scripts does the rest. Unfortunately, I am not well versed in scripts.

Thanks happy Friday

The script you referenced was for importing a CSV file from the local file system using the native Airtable user interface.

You need an automation script that will read the file from an attachment field.

You cannot use the script in your link for your use case. Adapting the script would also be just as much work as writing a new script from scratch.

If you are interested in hiring someone to write such a script, you can book a meeting with me to further discuss your needs.