1882 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harris_Osserman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m noticing that I can’t use the Airtable API to create/edit columns of type Date. I’m using JS, and when I send in a date, I get the following error:

{"error":"INVALID_VALUE_FOR_COLUMN","message":"Field timestamp can not accept value 2018-09-11T17:42:38.000Z","statusCode":422}

However, it seems from your documentation that this is exactly how you’d like me to pass a Date

string (ISO 8601 formatted date)

UTC date, e.g. “2014-09-05”.

Any help/ acknowledgment of a bug would be greatly appreciated! Seems like a pretty core piece of functioality to not be working correctly

7 Replies 7
Jared_Ingold
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m having this same issue… did you ever figure out a fix for it? It was working fine for me a week or so ago, so this seems to be a new bug

Harris_Osserman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Nope, it still is broken :frowning: Would appreciate an acknowledgement from the Airtable team about this pretty large bug

Anthony_Howell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I just had this issue, make sure your date column is also set to also accept time. Otherwise it will reject the date time string that you are passing.

Gustavo_Costa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have the same problem with Barcode type field

Let’s move your discussion to a more relevant thread (Fix for INVALID_VALUE_FOR_COLUMN for single line text column).

Malo_Richard1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

same issue here. convert my date with toISOString() still not accepting it.

Nathaniel_Kitzk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I solved it like this:

In airtable, set your column to Date format ISO with Time Field (12hours)

In node, ship a new Date().toISOString() and you’re gucci.