Help

Is there any way to get settings from a scripting extension script to use in an automation script?

Solved
Jump to Solution
914 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MakerAntoinette
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello! 

I wrote a script that creates multiple days worth of events people can book at a time, but it takes into account some settings to determine how long those slots are, when the lunch break is so it wont create a slot then, etc. I'm also making an automation to create a new day's worth of these every day at midnight, so that after we run the manual script once we can leave the rest of it to happen automatically. I'm wondering if there's any way I could grab the settings from the manual script for use in the automation. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

No. An automation script does not have access to the settings of a scripting extension script. An automation does not have access to any extensions.

You can manually design the automation script to take input variables that are similar to values set in script settings.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

No. An automation script does not have access to the settings of a scripting extension script. An automation does not have access to any extensions.

You can manually design the automation script to take input variables that are similar to values set in script settings.

Thank you! For some reason, I thought the input variables had to be values from previous automation steps, I didn't realize you could type in anything. 🤦🏾‍♀️