cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laura_Viar
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,
I’m attempting to integrate Airtable and Power BI to create reports. Using the API authentication key, I am able to connect to one of my tables in Power BI. However, the JSON string only contains 100 rows when connected.

A more complete explanation of this issue is covered in this short tutorial and subsequent comments:

Airtable and Power BI - mpolino.com

Warning, this may be long and boring, but I need to write it down. The next Lizard Wong book is finally, finally, moving along nicely. For a while I’ve tracked my writing and word count using Wordly, an iPhone app. It works well enough, but at some...

Any ideas for resolving this?

Thanks! - Meg

13 Replies 13
Jake_Spirek
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Mo_re thank you so much for that snippet. Worked for me, and saved me a ton of time in Power BI!

This code still works like a charm with a few updates.

Replace api with you Airtable API and remove endpoint as that had an error in PowerBi.

I don’t know how to code but I just deleted random parts of the code until it worked. PowerBi now shows all my rows to appear in PowerBi so thanks so much!

Matthew_Billio1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Not sure if this is helpful for anyone on this thread anymore, but for what it is worth, here is a nearly complete tutorial on connecting excel to airtable that I wrote up a while back (you can either click the link to view it or expand it here by clicking the drop down arrow on the top right of the excerpt):
You can see the complete code here:

Also, here is a write up of how you may run into some issues when using this code:

Thanks all for the help. One more note, if you follow all the codes and tips and still seeing missing columns, make sure all the cells in your first row have data in them, even just filler data; otherwise, the specific column might won’t show up in powerbi.