Help

Re: [Misdiagnosis, Airtable not at fault] API reporting creation success but records missing

Solved
Jump to Solution
1419 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon_Bowyer
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I noticed three records missing from a table, which had been created via an API call. The API call response indicated success, including a response object containing the same number of records (and with recIDs) as had been POSTed in the call. However, these records do now not appear in Airtable. There is no record of manual deletion in the base trash, and the view is not filtered.

I was wondering what could be going on and so decided to look at an automated Airtable snapshot taken on the same day. The records were not in the snapshot, but I did notice that the snapshot was taken at the exact same minute that the API record creation POST call was made for the missing three records.

Is it possible that the snapshot process has interfered with the record creation call in some way (perhaps a DB transaction lock or similar), resulting in the Airtable API response to prematurely report successful creation?

10 Replies 10

Fantastic! I’m glad to hear this! :slightly_smiling_face: Yeah, I thought it was unusual because I have 200 clients who have never had an API problem like this in 3 years, so it seemed odd — but definitely plausible. Glad it wasn’t Airtable’s fault!! :slightly_smiling_face: