1130 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wayne_Saucier
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Why can’t we create multiple API keys? I want to give an API key to a potential subcontractor, but once his work is finished, I want to revoke that API key. If there’s only one API key for my entire account, this means I have to go update the API key in a bunch of external, 3rd-party systems. If I could just revoke the unique API key for that one subcontractor, I don’t have to update anything.

This seems pretty close to best practice. Am I missing some kind of feature that would accomplish this a different way?

3 Replies 3

It’s just the way Airtable decided to design things. There is only one API key per account.

If you need an additional API key, you can create a new collaborator and use that API key. If it is a paid base, you will have to pay for that additional collaborator as well (unless you only need read-only access).

@Wayne_Saucier I agree that this would be a much-valued feature to create & delete multiple API keys per account. Please be sure to email your suggestion to support@airtable.com.

Ben_Orozco
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Even better/related would be to support OAuth2 for authentication: Feature Request: Adding user's API key to a `Session`'s `CollaboratorData` properties