cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonathanB
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi everyone
I’m using miniextensions to create individual URLs from Airtable records - which works just fine, but I want to be able to password protect these URLs (perhaps adding some javascript to the code?) so that you have to enter a password before being able to view the content of that page. Is this possible? I’ve explored using Pagecrypt but this only seems to work if you individually create an html file manually from each record, having already run the miniextensions app. What I need is for each new URL generated in each record, this to already have the code built into it. Any guidance much appreciated! Thank you :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

2 Replies 2
DannyM
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi @JonathanB! As you noted, it looks like Pagecrypt requires upload of each HTML document and password configuration at this URL PageCrypt - Password Protect HTML, and there isn’t any direct integration between Airtable and that tool, so there is no elegant way of incorporating PageCrypt.

If password protection is a requirement for you, I think you’d need your own custom web application and server instead of hosting the HTML via the miniExtension which doesn’t appear to be designed to handle password protection currently. With your own site, you could potentially pull HTML (or any record values) from your Airtable table using the REST API - Airtable to dynamically update an HTML template.

Lastly, if your goal is to display some Airtable data to another user behind a password, have you looked into whether the new Interface Designer will suit your needs? You would need to add people as collaborators to your base first. If that’s not exactly what you’re looking for, can you please share some more information about the use case you are trying to handle with Airtable?

Hope that helps, Jonathan! Thank you for reaching out here in our community.

Thanks for this Danny - I’ll have a look at the rest API option. Very impressed with the Interface feature as well by the way - have been experimenting with this this week. Looking forward to seeing how this develops.