5346 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
forms_ge
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello, how can I create a PDF document in automation? I want to create a PDF from a database to send as an attachment, is this possible?

6 Replies 6
openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi, you can do that with our product (On2Air) with our deep integration with Google Docs:

For similar example:

forms_ge

Airtable is a system that is worth paying for, but I do not welcome additional paid systems that want to make money on elementary features, this is not fair.

Jono_Prest
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @forms.ge,

Unfortunately there is no native way to do this with an airtable automation. You can create the pdfs manually using the Page Designer app but this does not integrate with an automation.

Your only option is to use a third party service. I have achieved an automation like this using Integromat. I created a Google Docs Template, generated the documents with an integromat scenario then downloading the doc as a pdf and attached it to an email.

Michaela_Staff1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello there @forms.ge Michaela from Integromat here :wave:

Since there’s currently no native way of achieving this, I thought I 'd step in to say that you could make this work with Integromat. It’s a no-code platform that lets you connect Airtable to pretty much any other online service and automate all kinds of tasks and processes.

There actually is a pre-made template that illustrates how you could go about doing something like this. The template:

• watches for new records in Airtable
  • sends the data over to a pre-made template and merges it into a Google Doc
  • sends the document as an email attachment

Screenshot 2021-11-11 at 10.22.28

You could build a very similar scenario, adding the step to convert the doc into a pdf file.

Anyway, to check out what the options are when working with Airtable on Integromat, you can check out :arrow_right: the Airtable integration and its features and functionality.

If you’d like to learn more about the possibilities of Integromat, you can simply sign up for a free account and start exploring the magic of automation.

forms_ge

I know a free way to create a PDF from Airtable in a super secret way, ha ha ha. and about I asked to many experts, all the answers are the same, but I accidentally found a way, thanks for all answers.

Maybe you could share this with people that could use the free "secret" way you mentioned?