1797 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbryce22
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm trying to connect Power Automate with Airtable using this connector: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/airtable/. I am able to connect when using the API Key. However, when I try to use a personal access token, I get an error. I've tried the full PAT (82 characters) and the PAT key after the token ID. What am I doing wrong? 

3 Replies 3
Eric_Brown
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm an avid Power Apps / Power Automate developer, and just this past week have been trying to use the connector you mentioned. It's not very good. For example, it doesn't return or accept an "offset" value to facilitate paging (when there are more than 100 rows.) The author is in Asia some place and his 'support' site hasn't had any active posts for years.

I created my own custom connector for Airtable and a Power Automate flow that handles pagination. I'd be happy to swap notes. I had to do some special handling in Power Apps, since Power Fx is strongly typed and the JSON that comes back from Airtable is not. 

As far as your question goes, I've been using an API Key (yes, pretty lame from a security standpoint) and would like to move to a PAT. One thing I found while I was trying to make my connector work is that that API Key I pass to Airtable has to include the "Bearer " string. Not sure that was the case with the custom one you're using, but I have to enter "Bearer patmrNEb....bd2" as the value. Might give that a try for the heck of it. 

mbrinkley

Has anyone gotten this to work? I tried this today and I am still getting an error.

{
  "error": {
    "type": "AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED",
    "message": "Authentication required"
  }
}

I created a new Personal Access Token with all the scoping set. I used the full-length key. When I create the connection for the Airtable (Independent Publisher) connector in PowerAutomate and tried with and without "Bearer" in the API field. 

I am thinking that this connector has not been updated to use the PAT and is still using the API key.

Anyone had any luck using this connector?

Eric_Brown

This connector is not very good. You might want to write a custom connector on your own. It's not that hard. Then you get better control, creating separate "actions" for each of the API entry points like List Records, Update Record, etc.

In any case, note that you need a space after "Bearer" in the API field. "Bearer {key}".