cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saryassad
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello

Assessing airtable for some internal operations work that has some custom process flows, part of which sometimes require filling data to move to the next step in the flow.

We're looking at both the "data" option and the "interface" option.

The "Data" option seems to provides more flexibility when it comes to custom extensions (using the bocks sdk). On the other hand, the "interface" option seems to build nicer UIs but with more limitations on UI customizations.

Did anyone go through a similar scenario of assessing data's extensibility vs interface's nice UI? 

2 Replies 2
Tristan-ARG
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi, I faced this many times, and in my coworkers work better with Interfaces, usually when facing the data page they can feel overwhelmed and even scared of accidentaly "Breaking something”. Also while you start adding more and more things into airtable (its an addiction) the data pages will grow in coplexity and it is easier for the workers to get lost. 

I have a logistic company, so when some goods arrive to the warehouse in China the warehouse keeper takes pictures, meassurments and create the entry in an interface. where he ONLY has two pages, registry recepcion   and goods management. 
On the other side I have a totally different interface for the proyect managers, who work with the clients. they have other options. 

Hope this experience helps. 

Best regards!

saryassad
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you. Does this mean you are completely against using the "data" view? or just in special cases?