cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GaymerTrav
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello Airtable Community

All of the info I've found on this subject is ironically in reverse (trying to reflect Airtable in Excel).

I would like to have information that is originally added to Excel, to be reflected in Airtable.
Is this possible? Furthermore would it be possible to use a shared document to do so?

We're using a document from my company's Microsoft 360 account, but I can't seem to find the document under the cloud connected accounts (XLSB format) when importing a new table in Airtable.

Thank you

8 Replies 8

Is it possible to export it as a CSV and import that into Airtable?

Yes of course, but I'm trying to set up an automatic process. 

The dilemma is that currently we're working in a document that keeps repeating itself. They're not planning to stop using it so my hope is that when  something is added in Excel that it can also be reflected in Airtable.

Hmm, are you able to use integration tools like Zapier and Make to help with this?  https://zapier.com/apps/excel/integrations

@GaymerTrav 

Yes, this can easily be done with Make’s Excel automations and integrations.

I would STRONGLY recommend against using Zapier, and all of the top Airtable consultants in the community have stopped recommending Zapier for their clients as well.

The reason for this is because Make is INFINITELY more powerful & customizable than Zapier, yet it is SIGNIFICANTLY CHEAPER than Zapier.

I wrote an entire post here comparing Make vs. Zapier.

If you’ve never used Make before, I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

I've stepped into make a few times and get too intimidated. I'll check out the training resources, perhaps it will help me out.

Thanks

Kyrstin_Graves
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Airtable doesn't currently integrate with Microsoft except for emails. If y'all could switch to housing the document in google docs, Airtable does have triggers and actions for google docs that may work for y'all and save you from paying for Make. 

I also had difficulty with Make. Zapier seems a lot simpler to set up, but it won't cover every scenario. 

If it has to be in real time, the only other option I can think of is one that involves some scripting. If you only need it updated once a day and you can get a scheduled csv export email, Airtable also has a feature that imports a CSV into a table for you on a schedule, but it does have to go to a specific email.

One of the key problems with Airtable's automatic CSV import is that the records can never be edited in Airtable.

It would be best to setup your own automatic CSV imports like I describe in this Airtable podcast episode: https://youtu.be/cMA4GPj4iNE?list=PLqssva4liHRwHhQIpTXekG8WObEoyC2F1

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

airtable #on2air #builtonair 7/18/2023 - BuiltOnAir Live Podcast Full Show - S15-E02 ___________________________ The BuiltOnAir podcast is a live weekly show highlighting everything happening in the Airtable universe. Check us out at BuiltOnAir.com/join. Join our community, join our Slack channel
GaymerTrav

These are all good options for me to work on and consider. I really appreciate the feedback.

Thank you so much 🙏🏾