2511 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samir_Ghosh
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is there still no way to create reusable code in Automations?

I see this thread from 2021, with 6k+ views, which seems to have no resolution (blockchaining is possible in Scripting Apps, but not Automations).  Someone must have solutions for this?  Copying/pasting seems prehistoric.

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, no.

This is one of the Top 20 Reasons why I always encourage everyone to use Make for their automations.

Make allows you to copy and paste modules from one scenario to another, Make allows you to export and import blueprints for backups or portability to other accounts, and best of all, you can use Make’s own internal meta modules to daisy chain scenarios together. There are 44 meta modules that let you control Make, including running other scenarios with dynamic variables.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources. For example, to instantly trigger your Make scenarios from Airtable, check out this thread.

Yaron_Avramov
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Make is a great platform for automations. However, it has its weaknesses as well, the lack of a "merger" module for example is especially annoying, and having to duplicate the "code" 5 times when using a router instead of simply merging is not very elegant.

Yeah, I was surprised that they don’t offer a “merge paths” functionality. And they’re not even planning on adding that in the future, either!

Although there are some workarounds for that — you can use variables within the same scenario, or you can pass variables to another scenario. And they also have the “data storage” functionality, where you can create your own tables of data and then pull that info into any scenario.

But still, it would be ideal to have a “merge paths” module.