3029 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andres_Mijares
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have several used cases that I’ve been able to manage well with cloud functions.

However the only use case that I cannot find a way to manage is how to update my firebase database when a airtable record is updated, I can use zappier to keep my db updated when a new record is created, but there is not support (as far as I know) from update records.

Has anyone crossed with this case?

3 Replies 3
Bruno_Carvalho
5 - Automation Enthusiast

The perfect solution would be if Airtable implemented webhooks. This way your Firebase Cloud Function would be invoked any time an update is done.

The solution right now would be a combination of cron job and a hash.

You could create a field with a formula that summed the data of all the other fields and returned a number.

In another table you could make a rollup of that field and sum all the values. This way, whenever a new record is added or a field is updated the value of the rollup would change.

Now, you could create a cron job that would ping your cloud function once an hour for example.

Then, your cloud function would check what happened.

Not a great solution,

IanYanusko
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You can do this with Bracket. You just have to input your Airtable API key and connect it to your Firebase. Any updates or upserts in Airtable will be reflected in Firebase and any changes in Firebase will sync back to Airtable. In a nutshell, it's a two-way data sync where you don't have to deal with error handling or edge cases like you do with Zapier -- but you can also sync data in just one direction if you want. leaving this here in case it’s still a problem for you or anyone else that stumbles along this post.

I'm part of the company that built this solution so would love to hear if there's more you're looking for! You can set up connections here: https://app.usebracket.com

Jeff_Miller2

I know very little about this, but it seems that one could use the Airtable Webhooks API in a cloud function to "see" the updates.