2052 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terence_Leung
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am now working on integration the Airtable OAuth to my existing system.
So I am trying to test on Postman first.
But when I send the GET request (e.g. https://airtable.com/oauth2/v1/authorize?client_id=xxx...) for Authorization in Postman, it return the web page "verify it's you -Airtable". The page also says "Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. Please help us with a quick security check to validate it’s you sending this request".

But if I run the GET request on a Chrome browser, I can get the return code without issue.

Can anyone help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KarlShadyman

To test OAuth in Postman, you will need to follow a few steps to authenticate your API requests. Here are the general steps you can take:

1. First, obtain the necessary API credentials and keys from the service provider that you want to connect to through OAuth. This typically involves creating an account with the service provider, creating an OAuth application, and obtaining client ID and secret keys.

2. In Postman, go to the "Authorization" tab and select "OAuth 2.0" as the type.

3. Enter the authorization URL, token URL, and callback URL provided by the service provider.

4. Enter the client ID and client secret provided by the service provider.

5. Click on "Get New Access Token" and enter the required details like grant type, username, and password.

6. After submitting the required details, you should be redirected to the service provider's login page to authenticate yourself.

7. Once you have authenticated yourself successfully, you will receive an access token that you can use to make API requests.

By following these steps, you should be able to successfully test OAuth in Postman.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
KarlShadyman

To test OAuth in Postman, you will need to follow a few steps to authenticate your API requests. Here are the general steps you can take:

1. First, obtain the necessary API credentials and keys from the service provider that you want to connect to through OAuth. This typically involves creating an account with the service provider, creating an OAuth application, and obtaining client ID and secret keys.

2. In Postman, go to the "Authorization" tab and select "OAuth 2.0" as the type.

3. Enter the authorization URL, token URL, and callback URL provided by the service provider.

4. Enter the client ID and client secret provided by the service provider.

5. Click on "Get New Access Token" and enter the required details like grant type, username, and password.

6. After submitting the required details, you should be redirected to the service provider's login page to authenticate yourself.

7. Once you have authenticated yourself successfully, you will receive an access token that you can use to make API requests.

By following these steps, you should be able to successfully test OAuth in Postman.