3255 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edward1976
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have the following use case: I have images saved as attachments within a table. I need to automatically upload any newly created images via API (not Make or Zapier due to volume) to an 'Input' bucket on S3. From here the images are manipulated by another API and saved to an output folder. When a file is uploaded to the output folder we would send this back to airtable.

Can someone give me some general direction in writing a script to enable this? I understand I will need a presigned URL from AWS which is well documented, but I'm struggling on how I might do this using Airtables API. Any help very much appreciated!

Many thanks

Edward

13 Replies 13

@siliceous Looks like we're trying to accomplish the exact same thing!

Did you ever find a solution that worked for you?

I'm trying to do this with PDFs in an Airtable automation.

Thanks in advance!

HI @goodthings 

Sorry about the delayed reply. I've been flat out.

We decided to use a different method of moving Airtable attachments around that works for a particular use case. What is the workflow you would like to achieve?

Regards.

Hey @siliceous thanks for the response. I've been out for the US holiday so sorry for the delay as well.

We're sending documents (PDFs, spreadsheets) to S3 via Airtable. We want to store them on s3. That's it!

So far, I believe @Edward1976 above is the best without using a 3rd party tool like pipedream.com to handle it for you. Zapier and make.com don't have the native ability to download the file from Airtable's expiring file URL and stream it somewhere.

But if you have another way to do it- maybe with Javascript in Airtable's automations code editor, would love to hear!

Hi @goodthings 

I hope you didn't have to wait too long for your holidays to come.

Zapier and make.com don't have the native ability to download the file from Airtable's expiring file URL and stream it somewhere.

Nothing is impossible.

Unfortunately, we are not at liberty to share our methods for the particular use case on a public forum.

All the best.