987 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gaby_Burkard
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I want to create a file upload interface on my custom app so that collaborators/users of the app can upload an image from their file system to the base (instead of using the airtable interface) Is this possible, and if not, can you suggest any workarounds?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Its technically possible, except Airtable’s attachment type fields, when updated through the Custom App API, must be fed a URL of the attachment to upload.

That means users won’t be picking something from their file system, at least not technically. Your app would have to upload the file from their file system to somewhere on the internet (i.e. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), and then pass that URL to the attachment field so that the file gets added to the base.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Its technically possible, except Airtable’s attachment type fields, when updated through the Custom App API, must be fed a URL of the attachment to upload.

That means users won’t be picking something from their file system, at least not technically. Your app would have to upload the file from their file system to somewhere on the internet (i.e. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), and then pass that URL to the attachment field so that the file gets added to the base.

Gather
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

@jordanscott 
Related to this and the AMA API Webinar question about adding support for uploading attachments directly, are there any plans to add support for this soon instead of only URL’s?