2602 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon_Holmes
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, this may be a basic question, but could some of the more experienced users here please recommend an easy way to build a website that allows users to query data from an airtable database? I have found a Wordpress plugin but would appreciate advice on whether Wordpress is the best way for a beginner to start trying to build something reasonable. Many thanks, Simon

14 Replies 14

Thank you so much for your help Chester!

I’m now one step closer to hand crafting my own blog that will be pulling data from AirTable. As I’m new to the back end of the internet, from your last post I’ll now investigate “Bootstrap” to help make a pretty picture. I’d appreciate any other tips or pointers you have on this.

Summary

array(3) { [0]=> array(3) { [“id”]=> string(17) “recoeQYbc53XQx5IA” [“fields”]=> array(3) { [“Description”]=> string(6) “StuffA” [“Plan”]=> string(12) “Stuff A Type” [“total”]=> int(100) } [“createdTime”]=> string(24) “2017-11-05T00:06:41.178Z” } [1]=> array(3) { [“id”]=> string(17) “recjdHIFxtwC7C4Rr” [“fields”]=> array(3) { [“Description”]=> string(6) “StuffB” [“Plan”]=> string(12) “Stuff B Type” [“total”]=> int(222) } [“createdTime”]=> string(24) “2017-11-05T00:06:41.178Z” } [2]=> array(3) { [“id”]=> string(17) “recOTssv6UJmWWFPy” [“fields”]=> array(3) { [“Description”]=> string(6) “StuffC” [“Plan”]=> string(12) “Stuff C Type” [“total”]=> int(133) } [“createdTime”]=> string(24) “2017-11-05T00:06:41.178Z” } }

Thanks again!

Hi Chester,

For quite some time I have been looking for solutions to use my base in a website. Clients should be able to log into a personal environment, and work with complex queries. A decent answer to my questions I still need to find. Can I PM you?

Regards,
André

You may certainly PM me. While a full fledged query builder would be neat, quite a lot of functionality can be had by simply linking to the Formula Field Reference and passing the error messages back to the user.

What address is best to use to PM you?

@Andre_Zijlstra Not sure what kind of personal environment and complex queries you mean, but FYI I recently custom coded a login protect page on a public website which allows the user to browse and search through an airtable base.
Roughly explained here: https://community.airtable.com/t/creating-a-public-web-view-of-an-entire-base-caching-and-filtering-...

It’s very “custom coded”, since it wasn’t in a standardized environment like WordPress (Chester’s Airpress is def the way to go then!) or anything.

Hit me up if you’d like to know something.