1273 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JuanDSantos
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a field in my table that is a linked record from another table. In this field are various records all consisting of just numbers, I would like to know if it is possible for me to add up these records and output them to one field in an hour format.

To clear up, this is a base in which tutors submit a form on a student they just tutored. I need the tutoring hours to add up for me to know overall how many hours of tutoring they have received.

5 Replies 5

Hi Juan, hmm, seems like a rollup would work for that?

Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 12.32.51 AM

Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 12.33.00 AM

Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 12.33.09 AM

Hey,

This worked great! Now, how about switching up the rules a bit, only add if they match a certain condition? Now it adds their total tutoring hours, but now I need to see if I can add only based on what subject they got tutored in. I have a drop-down select on a field, they can pick between 5 different subjects. I want to see how much tutoring they have PER subject.

So let’s say they have 30 hours, but of those 30 hours, 15 are Math, 3 are Reading and 12 are Social Studies. How can I differentiate them and add them up, because they obviously received 1 or 2 at a time.

Welcome to the Airtable community!

You would need five different conditional rollup fields, one each for each of the different subjects. For each rollup, set the condition to only rollup records for that subject.

What would the formula for that look like? The field names are Subject and Hours.

So how would I add that variable to the SUM formula within the rollup if the name of the field is Subject?

The condition doesn’t go in the formula. It goes in the rollup settings.