Help

Re: Assigning a drop down with 2 separate values, to automatically populate other fields

419 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chattanooga_Fun
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am wanting to use the multi drop function to automatically assign numerical values to my clients profile line once I choose their desired choice.
For example, the client is borrowing money and they choose to have 5% interest rate and 3 points on the loan. Or if they choose 4% and 4 points, I would want the drop down to fill the other two pre made fields with the data instead of having to go and put it in there myself. I have looked a most videos and cannot see the steps to make this happen if possible. Thanks again wonderful community!

2 Replies 2

If you’re calculating numeric values, your formula could potentially be something like this (there’s not enough detail in what exactly you’re trying to calculate):

{Loan Amount} * (1 + VALUE({Interest Rate}))

If you’re calculated text values, make use of SWITCH() formulas, or nested IF()s if you need to compare {Interest Rate} and {Points} at the same time.

You’d need to do something like either this:

SWITCH(
   {Interest Rate},
   "5%", "Value that should be outputted if Interest Rate is 5%",
   "4%", "Value that should be outputted if Interest Rate is 4%",
)

or this:

IF(
   AND({Interest Rate} = "5%", {Points} = "3 points"),
   "Value if true",
   IF(
      AND({Interest Rate} = "4%", {Points} = "4 points"),
      "Value if true",
      "Value if false or another IF()"
   )
)

I am sorry, my thoughts were jumbled when trying to ask.

Is there a way to assign each option, in a multiple select field, a specific value. So that when I click the option it will prefill a different field I have created. This way I can create a formula that will use that data entered into the filled cell. This should allow me skip multiple entries as I already chose it from the multiple selection options.
Thanks so much for your time!