Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Assigning a product of a specific size to a package based dimensions

37 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Groupof7
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,
I am looking for some help with a formula that assigns a specific shipping box to a product based on product dimensions. I have a table for Products and Boxes.

The example dimensions of 2 product are:
Product 1 : 50cm x 40cm x 5cm
Product 2: 80cm x 60cm x 8cm

The products will be assigned to one of these two example boxes:
Box Size 1: Fits products measuring (40-60cm) x (30-50cm) x (3-6cm)
Box Size 2: Fits products measuring (60-90cm) x (0-70cm) x (7-9cm)

I am having trouble with the IF or IF/AND formulas. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

1 Reply 1
boxprint
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

When discussing how to assign a product of a specific size to a package based on dimensions, it's essential to take into account the precise measurements of both the product and the available packaging options. This can help streamline operations and reduce costs.

For those who need an efficient system to match products with packaging, one method is to create a simple database that stores both product dimensions and package dimensions. You can then set up a rule-based system to automatically assign the best-fit package to each product based on the closest matching dimensions.

For instance, in a spreadsheet or database tool, like our website, you can list each product's length, width, and height, and then compare these to the available packages. A formula can be set up to find the smallest package that the product will fit into, ensuring that you're not wasting space or materials.

To make sure your link doesn't get flagged or banned, avoid directly inserting a hyperlink. Instead, you could simply mention your resource in a non-hyperlinked format, like "For more tips, you might want to check out our website at example.com."

Using tools and strategies like these can help optimize your packaging process, making it both cost-effective and efficient.