672 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jessieeatswell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm building a table with many due date columns and they all need to be automatically calculated based off of one "publication date." For example one due date might be 21 days before publication. BUT, I always want the due date to fall on a work day. How do I make that happen? 

And a second, related question: I'd like to have the same sort of setup for one of the tasks but instead of an auto-populated single date, I'd like the formula to return an auto populated 3 week time range. (The weekdays are not important for that one.)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ron_Daniel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Jessie,

I have this same situation based on email send dates. I have calculations for when the marketing theme needs to be chosen, when the products need to be picked, when the web designer needs to have it coded, when the approvals need to be done, etc.
It's a super-simple formula. For example, the deadline set for choosing the marketing theme is 12 business days before the send:

WORKDAY({Email Send Date}, -12)

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Ron_Daniel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Jessie,

I have this same situation based on email send dates. I have calculations for when the marketing theme needs to be chosen, when the products need to be picked, when the web designer needs to have it coded, when the approvals need to be done, etc.
It's a super-simple formula. For example, the deadline set for choosing the marketing theme is 12 business days before the send:

WORKDAY({Email Send Date}, -12)

> I'd like the formula to return an auto populated 3 week time range. (The weekdays are not important for that one.)

Hm, so if the publication date is, say, 1 Jan 2023, you'd want it to show 22 Jan 2023 for a specific type of task?  If so, some sort of `IF()` or `SWITCH()` to identify whether this record was that type of task, followed by a `DATEADD()` would do the trick.  I feel like I don't understand what you mean by a 3 week time range though, apologies if this is off the mark