cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindsey_Bavaro
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I’ve created a table in my base called “Email Templates”. It’s a simple 2 column table. First column: Template Name, 2nd column: URL Formula. In the email template column, I’ve selected a long text field. And for each row, I’m creating test URL email formulas. Here’s an example of one of the formulas:

"mailto: [lindsey@realtimesavers.com](mailto:lindsey@realtimesavers.com)"*
& "?subject=" & ({Property Address}&" | Test 1")*
& "&body=" & ("Good day Selling Team!*

%21%0D%0A%0D%0ACongratulations on satisfying the home inspection contingency. We’re now one step closer to helping both of our clients meet their goals. Thank you for all that you’ve done to get us to this point!*

%21%0D%0A%0D%0AQuestion for the lender: I understand many lenders wait to order the appraisal until after the home inspection has been satisfied. Now that we’ve checked that off, can you please reply-all with a timeframe for the order?*

%21%0D%0A%0D%0AIf there is anything that I (or anyone else involved in this sale) can provide before end of business today in order to get this task completed, let us know. I’ll follow up again in the next 2-3 business days to confirm the order has been placed. Please don't hesitate to reach out sooner if you happen to receive a tentative due date on the report before then.*

%21%0D%0A%0D%0AThank you again for your great communication and hard work!")

In a second table, “Transactions”, I have a field linking to the email template table. This give me an option to select which email template I’d like to use for the specified record. Example… “1st Follow Up Email”, “2nd Follow Up Email”, etc. I then have a second accompanying linked column that pulls the specified email template’s unique URL formula. And then a third column (button field) that has an “Open URL” action with a URL Formula of {URL Formula}.

While the example formula shown above works directly in the button field itself on the “Transactions” table. It does not open when linking from the “Email Templates” table.

However, if I use a URL email formula generator online for a more simplified URL (example below), it DOES work. My issue with this second version, is that I cannot figure out how to auto-fill data from the “Transactions” table. And the auto-filling is the entire reason I need this option in the first place. Any ideas on how I may be able to make this work?

mailto:lindsey@realtimesavers.com?Subject=%7BProperty%20Address%7D%20%7C%20Test%201&Body=Yehaa%21%21%21%21%21%0A%0AWe%20did%20it.%20%3A%29

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Replies 0