2397 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viktor_Svensson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi, i need help with a formula if this is possible.

i have a table containing a “date” field and a “formula” field that calculates the age from that.
( DATETIME_DIFF(TODAY(), {Person nr}, ‘years’) & ’ years, ’ & MOD(DATETIME_DIFF(TODAY(), {Person nr}, ‘months’), 12) & ’ months’ )

everything is perfect here so far, but i would like to make a new field that contains age groups,
like 0-10, 10-18, 18-30, 30-50, 50-100 lets say. is there a formula for making this? and can it change buy it self when a person goes from let say age 29 to 30 and so on?

or

is there a way to search, filter or group already for lets say ages between 20-40 or 30 and up? or 25-45?

Hope you understand what i am looking for, and every help i can get would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Viktor

Update:
if its more simple to remove the “months” thats ok.

11 Replies 11

You’re on the right track but it needs some adjusting. In Airtable this is done with nested IF statements.

IF( {age} < 13, "0-12",
IF( {age} < 19, "13-18",
IF( {age} < 30, "19-29",
IF( {age} < 46, "30-45",
IF( {age} < 61, "46-60",
IF( {age} < 101, "60-100", "101+"
))))))

Note that this will only work if there is an age. If there isn’t an age, the formula will group the record in the “0-12” group. Also note that my first age group starts at 0 instead of 1. There are ways of adjusting the formula to take care of these issues if they are important, but this should be enough to get you started.

Thank you!!! its works perfectly