960 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashley_Jackson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi all, I've got a fun little challenge on my hands designing a system to track our family's board game collection and gameplay.  Here's my base structure:

1. Games - list of all the games in our collection
  2. Play Log - tracks the date, time, location, players, and outcome of all the games we play
  3. Score Sheets - this is the connecting table between the logs and the players since there can be many players in a log and a player can play many games
  4. Players - list of players

let's use a sample record, tracked all the way through my base:

Myself, hubby, and son play a game of Monopoly.  The play log tells me we played at our home on 10/16/2023 at 6:00pm and then lists the 3 of us as players linked to individual records in the Score Sheets table.  In each Score Sheet record, our final scores are recorded and calculated to determine the winner which is fed back into the Log table as the outcome.

Now, multiply that same scenario by 10-15 more games played with a variety of other people.

Here's what I would like to see:

A list of each person I've played a game with and how many games I've played with each of them.

My brain is blocked on this one.  I was able to achieve something similar in which I wanted to see a list of the games I have played with how many times I've played each one.

The generate list of games I've played along with how many times I've played each.The generate list of games I've played along with how many times I've played each.

Does anyone have suggestions on how I could accomplish this?  Thanks so much!!!

1 Reply 1
Ashley_Jackson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

EDIT:  Scratch that... I just realized my totals for games played does NOT work correctly... so I am back to square one!  lol - somebody save me!