cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_Sauve
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I need some help. I’m not a formula expert but I’m trying to determine the amount of time between 4 dates. In a nutshell, I know how to already determine the time between 2 dates *ONLY but I need to figure out how to get the formula to compute for multiple dates as listed in the formula and pictures below. Any assistance you can provide would be great!

This is for managing a team of volunteers who sometimes come in and come out (pause and restart based on their availability).

2022-10-19 18_38_21-CR _ Supervisor Overview Database copy_ Onsite _ Employee Management - Airtable

2022-10-19 18_38_44-CR _ Supervisor Overview Database copy_ Onsite _ Employee Management - Airtable

Thanks,

James

1 Reply 1

Hi James, would you be open to changing your base layout?

Having a table that just has Start Date, End Date and a Notes field to handle data entry about pausing and restarting etc, followed by a rollup field to sum the years of service would be much easier to set up for you to get what you need, and would also solve the potential issue of a volunteer that pauses more than once

If you’re set on using your current layout it’s definitely possible to create the formula, you’re just going to end up with a lot of nested IF()s