3409 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allannahjackson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to use the new list view to create a system for putting together quotes for events.

I have a list of event enquiries in table 1, and in table 2, have created a list view, where I am adding line items to events using levels. 

I would like to have an auto calculated field in the event enquiry item that gives me the total cost for all the line items I've allocated to that event. I've attached a screenshot of an example. I assume the "Total event cost" field needs to be a formula - can anyone help with a formula that will do this calculation?

3 Replies 3

I think you can do this via a rollup field.  In Table 1, could you create a rollup field to display the cost of the line items, and for the formula use `SUM(values)`?

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 8.56.32 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 8.56.40 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 8.56.38 AM.png

Link to base

allannahjackson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks so much - that worked perfectly 😊

I'm now trying to put this info into a page designer to create a quote pdf that could be sent to clients. I have created a couple of others without issue but using List view it doesn't give me the option to use info in Level 2 on the page designer, other than the 'item description' (the name field) of each item. I'd like to insert a table like the one shown in the screenshot below, but including the 'charge type' and line-by-line 'cost' information too

Would you know how to solve this?

Thanks so much, really appreciate the help! 

Ah, I think you need to use Page Designer on the record in Level 2, not on Level 1.  Once you select the linked field in Level 2, you can display the linked records as a table and add fields to display:

Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 12.30.29 PM.png